Health Questions

Health Questions

1. Do you cater for children with special dietary requirements?

Yes we do. We regularly cater for campers with special dietary requirements such as dairy free, gluten free, egg free, nut free and vegetarians. We ask parents to provide a comprehensive list of dietary requirements when registering their child onto camp. We will seek to cater for their needs as much as is possible and practical. We will contact you if we are unable to cater for your child's unique dietary requirements.

2. My child is taking medication. Can you cater for this on camp?

As each camper arrives, all medication (including paracetamol) needs to be handed to our First Aid Officer, who will record all details regarding administration. The First Aid Officer will look after the medication and make sure it’s administered at the correct times. Please include any medical requirements on the enrolment form where indicated.

Prescription medication

We suggest that any prescribed medication is brought to camp in a chemist-issued ‘blister pack’ (which will include information on how this medication is to be administered). If you cannot supply your child’s medication in a blister pack, please send the prescription medication(s) in its original packaging and with information on how this medication is to be administered, and have it all contained within a clearly named zip lock bag.

Non-prescription medication

If your child requires non-prescription medication (ie. Paracetamol, cold and flu tablets, etc.) please ensure that this medication is placed in a clearly named ziplock bag with instructions on how this medication is to be administered.

Asthma Inhalers

If your child has asthma, please supply two (2) asthma reliever inhalers for them on camp. One inhaler is to be given to the first-aid officer and the other is to be retained by your child. Please ensure that these inhalers have your child’s name clearly visible.

3. What happens if my child gets sick or injured?

All of our holiday camp leadership teams involve a designated First Aid Officer with a current Senior First Aid Certificate and first aid kits. If your child gets sick we will start by resting them and providing any medication needed with your permission. If symptoms persist or worsen, the camp directors will contact you and talk through options which may include picking them up. In the event of moderate or major injury the directors will contact you to discuss any action needed. If immediate attention is required an ambulance will be called. All incidents will be recorded, no matter how minor or major.